Take a minute to think about the impact your work has
It would be good for all of you in EET to take a few minutes to think about the impact that the work you do has on the instructors at the College. I was thinking about this today when I realized that again this year everyone in EET had contributed to the Refresh conference in some way. It's a great thing to contribute to this day, but think about the broader impact. I'll see if I can explain:- The video was amazing again. Think a little broader about the impact that producing the video has on the people who "starred" in it. You are reaching out to the College community and acknowledging their skills (including acting skills :) along with showcasing the work the instructors do. They also learn a lot about the amazing staff we have and the work we do.
- Every presentation was on a topic relevant to teaching and learning at LC. You shared your passion and your expertise in a variety of ways with many instructors. I wonder how many ideas will be incorporated into classes in the spring or fall semester.
- Many of you supported the presentations in a variety of ways: helping build the presentations, filming the keynote, organizing food and prizes . . .
- The organizing committee made it happen - and did it very well. This conference brings people together into a learning community that enables discussing and sharing. This impact is very difficult to measure. That said, however, I think we all overheard instructors sharing practices and ideas. Maybe you planted a seed . . .
- Who knew we would become such good tweeters? I wonder how many instructors may use Twitter in their classes, or will engage in the Twitter conversations at the next conference they go to.
I hope you get where I'm going with this. You should all feel very proud of the work you put into today - and the ongoing work you do to support instructors. It's making a difference in ways that you quite likely will never know. So take a minute . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment