We have two opportunities to apply for grants. They are small ($2000 to $3000), but I'm looking for ideas. Here's the criteria and the amounts:
G.L. Talbot Education Resource Fund
Supporting growth and development through partnerships with a diverse range of individuals, service organizations, businesses and LCC employees. This fund will support a broad range of applications as approved by the President including: library resources, professional currency of College staff, general college educational resources, capital equipment and special event funding.
Industrial Technology Fund
Supporting education and professional development through initiatives such as: industry/education exchanges, technological transfer through educational program development and delivery, applied research and development, international exchange, and purchase of specialized equipment.
Anything in mind we should apply for?
Karen
2 comments:
I am not totally sure if we are suppose to come up with ideas for how we can apply for these or if we are suppose to just say whether or not we should apply to them in general.
I know it would be great if we applied for the Industrial Technology Fund and then set up support sessions for a wide variety of things. It would help us allocate time to doing research into new technologies and how to implement them into the classroom and then support the instructors in doing just that.
Good idea! I wonder if there is a way we could do this without it appearing to be part of our regular jobs. I don't think they would let us put it towards salaries. Hmmmm . . . how much would a chunk of a Second Life island cost? Maybe . . .
Post a Comment