1. EET Director: This position is basically the current EET Chair position, although I have not seen the position description yet. The intent is to make this position an ongoing administrative position. Currently I am in this position as a Chair, which is a term position filled by a faculty member. It is standard practice that when a position changes to a continuing position, it goes to competition. This means I will have to apply for this position when it is advertised.
2. Coodinator, Curriculum Development and Renewal: This position is similar to Sue Huffman's current position. Similar to the director position, this position is currently filled by a faculty member in a term position. Karen O. is changing it to an ongoing out-of-scope position, which means it will also go to competition. More detailed information on these positions will be included in the information posted on the HR site.
Both these changes will help to ensure that EET is sustainable and that the reporting structure is more manageable both within EET and within CTLI. I see both changes as being very positive for EET because they will help to ensure the department can operate effectively and will be around for a long time to come!
Karen O. will likely tell you more about this at the Centre meeting tomorrow. If you have questions or concerns about this, please come talk to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment